Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to use proteus to transform aschematic design into alayout

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs789

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
please ,can any one explain to me how to use proteus 7.4 sp3 in order to transform
aschematic design into alayout suitable for making pcb .
is there away to give the program acertain circuit design, and the program immediately
transforms it into asuitable alayout for pcb??

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

please help me

there is no easy way, you have to leanr how to use it.
Ares can place the components automatically if you define the board edge but the placement is a mess and you will have to either start moving components or start placing manually from from scratch, the engine can't see that a small movement can make a connection possible.

So after you make your schematic in isis you press the ares button, if you have any schematic components that don't have pcb info you will receive errors.
In ares go to component mode and place your components, then open design rule manager to set the layers and pad specification.
After that you can use the autorouter, if it can make 100% of the connections you are fine, if not you can start moving components or make jumpers or you can even do the traces manually.
start from simple designs with a few components.

Alex

what settings do we need to make a homebrew design for pcbs on proteus?

After you make your schematic you open the project in ARES,
the setting you need to do are layers used, width of traces for signal and power lines in each layer,
via style and maybe change the max clearance specification.

Alex

What i meant was i know how to make connections and stuff , and design the PCB. but what i dont know is which settings are optimum for a homemade PCB. by the way, ill b making a single layer PCB.

I only make single layer pcb too, i don't change any of the settings except from the layers because the default is 2 layer.
The trace width is up to you, i have made traced as low as 10mil for fpga or slim smd chips, a usually use 15 mil for traces that go through dip pins and about 20 mil in general.
The lower the trace width the easier it will be for the auto router to find a solution , then you can either change specific widths manually or you can retry with an increased width.
Depending on the pcm method you use you may have a problem making too thin traces.
I also like to make the dip IC pads a little bigger.

Alex

thanks. by the way, u just said that u r able to make traces as thin as 15 mm. my traces r like 30 mm. if i go lower than that my circuit gets screwed up. which merthod do you use?

15 mil not mm, (1mil= 1/1000 of inch=0.0254mm)
If you mean the developing method, I use a printer in transparency mode and I print to semitransparent paper,
then I use this as a mask for a photosensitive coated pcb and UV light.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back