[SOLVED] Help Me to convert (5v to 10v) in to (0V to 5V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunbharathi.arasu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai Friends,
I got output (5v to 10v) from circuit 1. I need to give this voltage to circuit 2,But circuit 2 input max voltage is (0v to 5V).
So how can i convert (5v to 10v) into (0v to 5V). Please Help.

Hi Arun
If the total power/current rating doesn't matter, you can go with simple voltage divider with the use of only two resistors. If circuit 2 needs considerable power from the circuit 1, then you can go with any locally available LDOs, Switching Regulators..
Case 1: for voltage divider resistor calculation, use google itself,
Case 2: for Electronic related components, contact any local vendors, distributors or do online search through Digikey or Mouser or octopart, etc.,

Is it a digital level 5V="0" and 10V="1" , if so you need a level shifter.
If it is an analog function you need to add more details about the circuit function like do you want V2(in)=V1(out)-5V ?

T

You didn't specify the required precision nor the input impedance of circuit2, however a very simple solution could be to place in series with the signal a zener diode having Vz=5.1V so that the output is Vo = Vi - 5.1V. For instance:

If you need something more precise, temperature independent and having low output impedance you can use an op-amp, but a negative supply is required. The circuit is a simple subtractor: Vo=Vi - 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…