Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help Me to convert (5v to 10v) in to (0V to 5V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunbharathi.arasu

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai Friends,
I got output (5v to 10v) from circuit 1. I need to give this voltage to circuit 2,But circuit 2 input max voltage is (0v to 5V).
So how can i convert (5v to 10v) into (0v to 5V). Please Help.

Hi Arun
If the total power/current rating doesn't matter, you can go with simple voltage divider with the use of only two resistors. If circuit 2 needs considerable power from the circuit 1, then you can go with any locally available LDOs, Switching Regulators..
Case 1: for voltage divider resistor calculation, use google itself,
Case 2: for Electronic related components, contact any local vendors, distributors or do online search through Digikey or Mouser or octopart, etc.,

Is it a digital level 5V="0" and 10V="1" , if so you need a level shifter.
If it is an analog function you need to add more details about the circuit function like do you want V2(in)=V1(out)-5V ?

T

You didn't specify the required precision nor the input impedance of circuit2, however a very simple solution could be to place in series with the signal a zener diode having Vz=5.1V so that the output is Vo = Vi - 5.1V. For instance:

5291840100_1381266148.jpg

If you need something more precise, temperature independent and having low output impedance you can use an op-amp, but a negative supply is required. The circuit is a simple subtractor: Vo=Vi - 5V

6986903300_1381266239.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back