Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve an issue with power ground in a power supplier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim2010

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Everyone:
I have a problem when I design a power supplier. In my system, there are two power suppliers, the first one is 120VDC and the seconde one is 12VDC. I have to use 120VDC
as the power supply of a DC/AC converter and a DC/DC converter (generates 12VDC output).
My problem is that I have to use -120VDC as my system ground (in the DC/AC converter, we have to assign this -120VDC as reference point), in that case, this
-120vdc would be connected to the return point of 12vdc. It would create big trouble.

I uploaded my schematic. From the schematic, you can see VDCIN_LOW would be connected to Signal ground. I hope to know how to solve the problem.

Best Regards

Jim

Re: POWER GROUND

What about isolating grounds? You have transfomer already. Then, you have to isolate your controller IC (LNK) cvia e.g. optocoupler.

Hi,
Thanks very much. But I think that it is not a good method to isolate two grounds

Jim

POWER GROUND

Or its not a good methode to connect signal GND to the incoming negative!? :-(
You will short the symmetrical EMC filrer too...
K.

Hi,
Thanks very much. I think that I shouldn't use an isolated DC/DC. I should use non-isolated POWER.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.