Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve a theoretical problem about digital vending machine design

Status
Not open for further replies.

needroom

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am very very new for this digital field, no idea how to start the below assignment at all. Could someone help to give me some light as details as possible. Tks a lot.

A vending machine accepts only We Cash cashcards. The vending machine has 4 items with the following prices.
ITEM Price(in $)
NUMBER
00 1
01 2
10 3
11 4

User selects an item by setting the ITEM_NUMBER on a 2-bit DIP switch and pressing the SELECT push button. The value of the item is deducted from the card and the item is dispensed, shown using a DISPENSING LED for 1 second. If the card has insufficient value for the selection, another LED, INSUFFICIENT_VALUE lights up for a second, and the card value remains unchanged. There is a TOP_UP push button on top up the card by $10 or to a value of $15, whichever is lower. The current BALANCE in the card is displayed in decimal, with the digit in 10’s place by 1 LED, and digit in 1’s place by 4 LEDs.

Condition 1: If the previous selection was ’11’, the price of item ‘10’ is discounted to $1 and price of item ‘11’ is discounted to $2.

Condition 2: Display the digit in 10’s place by an LED, and digit in 1’s place by a seven segment display.

I have figure out the normal input selection but not the discount part. Could any person give some light for above. Tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back