Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve a NC-SIM problem (2 simulations 1 database)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyue

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NC-SIM problem

when I am running two simulations but using one database. NC-sim reports:

ncsim: *N,DLWTLK: Pausing until a shared lock can be established on library 'wor
k'. Another process may be accessing the library. Process will resume when the
lock is established.

when I kill both the nc-sim process, and re-log in the work station. NC-sim still not work, and reports the same error.....

what should I do?

thanks

Re: NC-SIM problem

hey, this mite be due to the accessing of the same worklib frm 2 diffrent wrk stations !!
i,e incase if u the simulator NC-SIM is run simultaneously on diffrent machines and if the same worklib are being accessed, then this situation mite arise !

WBR
Lakshman

thank you!

I think that's the reason why NC-sim reports that message..

so, what's the solution to that phenomenon? should I type some command?

by the way, I found it very interesting that after about 1 hour, the terminal automatically re-compiled the database.. and now, nc-sim seems to be working fine!

I don't understand....

thanks...

This will normally happen when two compilation runs on the same compiled library.

NC-SIM problem

(1) make sure the two process is woking on dirrecrent servor
(2) remove the work library and rerun. because in the library it contains the error information in the last simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back