Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me reset the output of an integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hn1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to reset the output of the integrator.
I use a switch (transistor) it makes the output zero but when I see the output waveform it has a lot of non-pleasant spikes
Do you have any suggestion

integrator with reset

Depending on how your integrator is build up! I suggest it is built with an opamp. Then simple short with a switch between the cap instead of the output.

integrator reset circuit

try using a mosfet... it has better switching characteristics....

mosfet reset integrator

Actually when I simulate the structure I saw some spikes and the signal is not zero
what can I do to fix this problem

mosfet integrator reset

switching would always induce noise i.e.glitch and it is hard to eliminate it completely... maybe you can smoothen it by using filters or reactive components....

hn1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to reset an integrator

which filter or reactive component do you suggest me to use?

reset integrator

glitches are high frequency components so a low pass filter has to be used... or it can be sent to ground using a capacitor to ground....

mosfet switch integrator reset

I believe, if you have a two or more phase clocked circuit, non-overlap clock timing can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back