Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me out with layout of 8:1 pnp bipolar pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugongying

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to layout the 8:1 pnp bipolar pair,and arrange them in 3X3 square,since all of the bipolars' collector and base are connnected to ground,I use metal 1 to connect them all,and I use metal 2 to connect the emitter of the outer 8 bipolar in a circle,also use metal2 to connect the central bipolar.

I wonder whether I can use metal 1 in four directions OR I should avoid parallel layout of metal 1 and metal 2?

Thanks very much!

Re: layout of bandgap

I'm not sure which is better.
But in my chip, I use metal 1 to connect GND and metal 2 connect the emitter the tapout reslut is ok.

layout of bandgap

Don't have cycle for 8 outer pnps. Keep metal2 for 8 outer pnps and metal2 for inter pnp paralled for connections so that the invironment will be similar.

Please study the picture i uploaded. Do not worry about the metal layer, it is not so sensitive.

[/img]

layout of bandgap

smilondon,

This is good bjt example, but what I feel, If We can use M3, then connect all outer emitter with M2( Make a ring) & take center emitter connection with M3. This will give more symmetrical routing give good centriode matching. Even you can observe the improved result with simulation.

You make one like what you see in figure 2 on this site
**broken link removed**

layout of bandgap

Smilodon, I am a new guy in analog design. So what u provide here is great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back