Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me make a digital circuit to detect if a clock is toggling or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakko

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a digital circuit to detect if a clock is toggling or not. Basically, it outputs a "1" as long as the input is toggling and "0" if not? Sort of like a mono-stable one shot but using digital logic only. I know how to make the circuit to detect the toggling and output a "1" but once the clock stops, I need to reset my output. This is the part I havn't been able to figure out yet. Anyone done this type of circuit before? please :idea:

Re: oscillation detector

One idea:

**broken link removed**

More details here:
**broken link removed**

This is exactly what I need to do but unfortunately I don't have the 2nd clock. There may be other solutions to this problem such as delay lines and flops?!!!

Could a missing pulse detector be what you need? This is a typical application for a timer IC such as the 555.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back