Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me... LTC4006 battery charger circuit not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to design a charger circuit for 4 cell Li-Ion battery. I am using 4 individual 3.7V /1100mAH Li-Ion battery's are connected in series. So i am using LTC4006-4 charger ic for my application. I am using 19V/3A dell laptop SMPS as charger input. My charge current is 1A.

When i connect 19v input to the circuit, i can get 18.6V at battery end(without connecting the battery) & the output voltage should be at this condition is 16.968V maximum . If i connect a resistor(1k or 2k) at the output, the voltage goes to zero. If i connect the battery then the battery terminal shows only the battery voltage(previously 18.6v) & no current taken from the source. Charge status showing always zero. I assembled two number of PCB'S but same result.....

Please help me to find-out the problem...

Regards
Udhay

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 356
  • pcb.png
    pcb.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 186
  • charger.png
    charger.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 183

It's hard to say what is the problem.... According to your description - maybe the batteries should be discharged ! If the batteries are not discharged enough, the charger might not be current source.
Also check the voltage on the CLN pin (input put) and the INFET pin (output pin).

I have the same problem. Did you find the answer? please let me know.

best regards!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi..
1. Check after connecting 2 pin (CHG) in ground.
2. Discharge some amount of current from battery then check again

Status
Not open for further replies.