Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me interface USB with PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohan_200484

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi EveyBody. Iam Working with PIC16F877. Now i would like to intrface a USB Device with My PIC. Pls Help me

rtusb32 stack rapedshare

You can use CY7C68013A from Cypress or FT232/FT2232 from FTDI Chips.

Re: USB Interface

**broken link removed**

thanks it was useful for me

Title: USB Design by Example: A Practical Guide to Building I/O Devices

The Universal Serial Bus (USB) specification is a boon for users in that it makes the process of connecting peripherals to computers effortless, in most cases. As is often the case with user-friendliness, though, the cosmetic ease comes about as a result of behind-the-scenes complexity. USB Design by Example explains what USB means to hardware developers, taking an approach that combines academic elucidation of the official specification with some experimental setups. Though not everything a hardware developer could wish for, John Hyde's explanations represent a valuable supplement to the notably obtuse specification documents.
Download:

h**p://rapidshare.de/files/7676829/USB_Design_by_Example_-_A_Practical_Guide_to_Building_IO_Devices__MAZ.rar.html

If this question is correclty asked it would be hard to do with your PIC. Its fairly easy to interface a PC with a PIC as USB device. But if you would like to interface some other USB device, lets say a USB HD, to your PIC its much more dificult.

To do this you would need some USB host chip and a Host stack to control that chip. Most of the host chips around is based on the 32bit PCI buss and can not be serviced by a simple PIC. Cypress has some host chip that is simplified for 8/16 bit interfaceing, check for example SL811HS or the CY7C67300. There is dev. kits. for them including some host stacks as well.

The second part needed, a host stack, is also much harder to code then the device stack. There are many device example source parts to download from the net but you will not find any host one that works "out of the net". On Time among others has a RTUSB32 stack that can be fairly easy ported but again it is focused on 32bit PCI bus and larger systems with an RTOS.

regards Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back