Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me import shapes from AutoCAD to Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameziane

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i want to import shapes from autocad to memntum.
can you help me please because we have two problem when i try to import any shapes :
1- a message apparaitre (warning) i dont know why.
2- the layer for the mementum is different of autocad(how to change a layer on autocad ).in momentu the cond is on red color .

momentum ads

convert the shaped into DXF format
then import the files to the layout editorof ADS
that's it

Khouly

Re: momentum-ads help

yes sir
i saved the shape into dxf format and i import it to ads layout(momentum) but the problem is :

you know that in in ads layout when you draw a shape (polygon for example ) you saw the polygon on color red (this shape present a cond) it is a layer of cond .
but me when i draw the same shape in autocad and i try to import it in layout ads the reults is just polyline (so there is not a color of a cond).
this is my problem .
if you can help me please and thanks

Re: momentum-ads help

Hi,

You can do as following:

Select all and then click on the right button (over the selected surface) and click the Polygon Layer and there you can change your layout to wanted layer i.e. cond layer. There are a lot of different polygons and sometimes I have noticed extra lines that are not visible until you check physical connectivity of the design. It can be done by selecting Tools-Check Connectivity-Show Physical Interconnect, there you might see some extra lines that are not part of the design. You can then select those lines and delete them.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Erno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back