Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me implement a weight sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukitron

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have the task of implementing a weight device in a basket with a range between of 0.5kg to 10 kg (1 pound to 20 pounds) with accuracy of 1 pound.

Price range for sensor and supporting electronic hardware should be around 3 dollars. I need to implement a small micro to talk with a different device,

Do you have any experince using any weight sensors that you can provide me any initial guidance?
Any suppliers that you have experience with?
Any similar application where you implemented this solution?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Kukitron

Weight sensor

Load cell

Re: Weight sensor

ejones said:
Load cell
I, personally, don't know where to get a load cell under $3 even in quantities of, say 1000 pieces. On the other hand, the load cell is much more accurate than the required 1 pound accuracy, and there might be a less accurate sensor that's cheaper.

Kukitron, this is an interesting problem. I'd like to invite your question into a group dedicated to sensors: **broken link removed**

Re: Weight sensor

kender said:
ejones said:
Load cell
I, personally, don't know where to get a load cell under $3 even in quantities of, say 1000 pieces. On the other hand, the load cell is much more accurate than the required 1 pound accuracy, and there might be a less accurate sensor that's cheaper.

Kukitron, this is an interesting problem. I'd like to invite your question into a group dedicated to sensors: **broken link removed**

Kender,
I could not find the link that you provided me, but I will definitely post the question at some other sensor forums. It is quite challenging to get a low cost solution, there are several options in load cells but pricely prohibited for this project.

Thanks for your response

Kukitron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back