Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me implement a digital VHDL limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwmmboy

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am developing an analog FM demodulator in a FPGA. I am trying to implement a limiter.
Do you have some suggestion? I tried to implement a hysteresis comparator but the problem is the freqeuncy shfting between the sampling frequency and the incoming frequency...

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

MWMM

Re: Digital VHDL limiter

there. write

if input > 100 then
output <= 100;
elsif input < -100 then
output <= -100;
else
output <= input ;
end if;

there. write

if input > 100 then
output <= 100;
elsif input < -100 then
output <= -100;
else
output <= input ;
end if;

Thanks, but if you try this code you will not have an FM wave clipped but it is distorted...What I need is to clip an FM wave coming from an ADC converter. In the else branch if the threshould is too low you due to the noise the amplitude is changeing wrong... in the thresould is higher the wave i distorted.

I do not know how the digital method. In the analog amplifier-limiter of intermediate frequency converts the input signal is actually a square wave. Thus misses the amplitude information. further by the discriminator circuit is allocated angular modulation component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back