Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me fix my PC as it always shutdowns when Windows XP loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsvoltaire

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having a problem with my PC. Everytime I start my PC it always shuts down during loading of my OS(Windows XP). After I saw the windows XP logo loading on my screen for more or less 5 seconds, It just shut down and there is no display on my monitor. What might be the cause of it? Am I going to replace any hardware....Help me Pls....Thanks

Help me with my PC

It is probably overheating. Check you CPU fan first.
It might be overheating in other components. Check your heatsink etc...

Re: Help me with my PC

Try to re-start using ASR disk .. and see how it goes ..

Windows XP
Here the rescue disk is called ASR (Automated System Recovery) disk. This disk can only be created when you take a back up of your system files. For the same, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System tools>Backup. From the Tools menu, select the ASR wizard and take a back up of the files. You can create a disk for starting up the system in MS-DOS mode by right clicking on the floppy disk icon, selecting the format option and then checking Create a Disk to start in MS_DOS only option.

While using rescue disks, remember that if your system crashes, you will also need to have the Windows installation CD for complete recovery of your OS.

https://www.pcquest.com/content/windows/102020610.asp

Regards,
IanP

marsvoltaire said:
I am having a problem with my PC. Everytime I start my PC it always shuts down during loading of my OS(Windows XP). After I saw the windows XP logo loading on my screen for more or less 5 seconds, It just shut down and there is no display on my monitor. What might be the cause of it? Am I going to replace any hardware....Help me Pls....Thanks

dear friend
i think it is strogent virus
i think u should repare the windows is ok

marsvoltaire said:

Ok i think that the first u should check ur system, by repare ur OS again, coz it maybe miss some files system, after u repare, if it still have this problem, may u check ur CUP, n some hardware in ur PC.

Help me with my PC

First of all the fastest and simplast vay is to check your oc health status in your bios (during boot hold down the del key or F8 on some systems) the bios shuld open up the pc health stsatus menu. If your pc is oveheating you'll be able to see it!
Then I sugest you go and get a kive kinux oc CD like knoppix, or ubuntu. Boot your pc from this live os if your hardware is fine then your linux will run for a while biffore YOU!/ shutdown it. Only in this case follows that your windos partition is corupt and you need to reinstall windows ;]

Your system has some important OS files that are deleted or have been corrupted..these files are being fetched by the system whenever it turns on..after loading the ntoskrnl.exe which can be found in the system32 folder, it shuts down,,so i conclude that your PC must be reinstalled by Windows Xp or if possible, can be repaired using the WIndows XP disk..

Help me with my PC

Hi,
1-first Check the fan of the processor and its speed if it is alright , then ,
2-Try to log to the os in safe mode (press F8 during booting and check the most recent added or removed programs on your system (Some programs may cause problems when they are installed or when there components aren't correctly removed) if there were problems try to repair
also try to check the presence of a spyware ,
also it may be a virus
3- try to repair the existing windows by the os disc
4-finally it may be apower supply or ram problem(rarely to occur)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back