Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me figure out the resistors needed for my batteries in series setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttaphong191

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im Tryin Put Probly Like 20 Small 3 Volt Batterys In Series To Power Somthing That Takes 3.7 Volts.. Do I Just Do The Math And See What Size Resistor I Need.. I Take Every 3 Volts For Each Battery And Times It By The 20 Ill Have In A Series . 60 Volts Right.. Am I Way Off? Can Any One Steer Me In The Right Direction. And How To Resisist It And All That..

:D

Batterys In Series

Twenty in series? Yikes!

Have you tried running it off of one 3V battery? There is a chance that a 3V7 gadget will work well enough.

Failing that, two in series for 6V will allow for a regulator.

Avoid using twenty unless something else calls for 60V, in which case a switching regulator would be appropriate.

Re: Batterys In Series

Hi Dear nuttaphong191!

If you are sure that the batteries are series and the voltage needed by the device is about 3 volts so it is not necesary to use 20 batteries. You are to use only one or two batteries. If you use more batteries in series you waste the energy and it is not logical.

Thanks!

yeah
wht u told is right u shd get something abt 60v if place 20 3v cellls in series
but to run a 3.7 volt device this is not right
if ur device requires more current capacity then try connecting the batteries in parallel to get more power frm them a t 3 v

yup.... methew is right.... u just check with 3 volts , i think it will work.....

bye:D

Batterys In Series

Are you sure that your batteries can supply the required current to operate the 3v. device?

I think that the current of the small 3v batteries is small, you can try 3*1.5 AA with a limiting resistor.

R=(4.5 - 3)/I

Specify your current needed and you will get the value of the resistor.

Batterys In Series

20 cells in series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back