Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Me Bulding Mutually Exclusive Power Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

knfevg

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all. I have a situation and I need your help.
Here is the current status of what I have:
Two power switches ("toggle" switches with on and off) that operates an electric motor (220V@~0.15Amp). One switch for one direction another for the opposite.
Obviously, if both switches are turned on in the same moment, the motor will get harmed. I have to build a system (I guess it will be based on relays) that will mutually exclude these two switches by either allowing only the first one or only the last one to operate (connecting only ONE switch at a time to ONE terminal of the motor).
Please HELP ASAP.
Thanks,
Evgeny

Just power the second relay thro normally open contact of first one.

The second relay gets power only when first relay is off.

Regards
Nandhu

Easy as pie.

Just use a SPDT switch for the first (forward direction) switch.

Wire the hot power wire to the common contact of this first switch. Wire the forward motor wire to the normally open (on) contacts. Wire the other closed (off) contact to one of the contacts of the second (reverse direction) SPST switch and wire the reverse motor wire to the second switches other SPST contact.

The first switch will overide the second switch if both are switched on, by removing the power going to the second switch.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.