Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build a voltage monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ8214

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need help.

I have no idea how to build this one. I need a circuit that can read a voltage drop of 9V or below and flip on a relay, than turn the relay off when it reaches 24V to 30V.

The voltage input source is 24V which could be reduced if necessary.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
ROB

Re: Voltage Monitor

You can use a reference and one or more comparator to drive th relais

more simple: use a 24V normaly close relais.
This will work if your switchlevels doesn't have to be very exact.

Voltage Monitor

Using voltage reference, a few comparators and flip-flop will do.

Hi,
Use a comparator. Attenuate the input to 1/3 and connect to -ve input. To positive input connect a 5V reference and provide an additional hysterisys voltage of 3V. Now when the input is below 15V, the -ve input will be below 5V, and comparator output will remain high providing a 3V hysterisys voltage, thus making the total +ve input to 8V. Above 24V input, the comparator ouput switches to zero Volt, hysteris is removed and the +ve input goes to 5V. This state continues until the input falls below 15V. Connect a diode from out of the comparator to the hysterisys circuit to avoid interraction of reference with it.

Connect a relay driver to output of the comparator.
Regards,
Laktronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back