Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help me about ISA bus I/O port address??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

shell.albert

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I meet a serious problem.My company got a ISA bus data acquisition card.My task is to develop a PC based control and analysis software.But the seller only can supply the communication protocol.No I/O address.No Test Program.

From the schematics,I know the card only use A9~A1 9bit address,so the address range is 0x000~0x3FE, the address range is so wide.

What should I do ? How can I know the register address, I/O address?
Come on ,help me!
Help me!!!:oops:

---------- Post added at 02:39 ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 ----------

No good sleep last night,I got three method,as following:

1.Write a test program under dos using inport() outport() function,scan and read all the port in address range 0x000~0x3FE.
According the read result to adjust the port address.If zero returned,this port must not be.If non-zero returned,this port is maybe a valid I/O address.

2.Thanks to the ISA logical is implemented by FPGA from Altera.From the schematics,no decoder logic can be found.So why not reverse the FPGA souce code,convert the program file(binary,hex) to VHDL/Verilog HDL code to see the detail of decode logical.

3.So far, no idea.

you can have good sleep.
how many modules are there in your isa card ?
like , one adc(with 8 channels), one dac(with 2channels) and one ppi ...like that.

give the ic name and other details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back