Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help installing dsp toolbox on existing MATLAB Version 7.10.0.499 (R2010a) for Mac OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im using a DSP book (DSP using Matlab 3rd Edition) that provides a toolbox called "student dspum matlab toolbox" from their website

https://www.cengage.com/cgi-wadswor....pl?fid=M20bI&product_isbn_issn=9781111427375

The toolbox is needed to follow some of the examples in the book. Without the toolbox some of the script cannot run in matlab

How do I get this toolbox installed correctly on my mac?

What I did so far was copy the downloaded folder "dspum matlab toolbox" to the contents folder of the matlab program where all the other toolbox folders are. But when I type "ver" in matlab I dont see a toolbox named "dspum xxxxxx". So why is the dspum folder in the program content folder under "toolboxes" but not in the program list of available toolboxes via the "ver" command?

I attached files that show:

1) toolboxes available to me on matlab via the "ver" command
2) dspum toolbox pasted into my toolbox folder in the matlab application folder
3) all files and folder for the matlab application on my mac.

I found a document from Matlab (url attached) that shows how to install a new toolbox but they are talking about a new updated license that is associated with the new toolbox, i dont have a new license, just a new toolbox. And if i try to reinstall matlab i dont see the dspum toolboox in the list of available toolboxes to install.

https://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-1CBD3/index.html?solution=1-1CBD3

any help is help appreciated

Attachments

• content of matlab folder on mac.jpg
    content of matlab folder on mac.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 117
  • toolbox matlab.jpg
    toolbox matlab.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 96
  • ver matlab.jpg
    ver matlab.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 86

Status