Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in Cadence Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASANSNS

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am currently working on a project involving TSMC 0.18um deep
submicron technology in cadence. My problem is as below . I have the technology library file of TSMC 0.18µm deep submicron technology in my cadence . All though
the tecnology supports deep nwell layer , i am not able to find the layer in LSW window or in the add layers option of the LSW window. I donot see any deep nwell layer files defined at all. I am not able to proceed further without this layer.

Is there any way i can get that layer in cadence ?
Is it possible to define the layers and if so how to do it so that i get no DRC errors?

All help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Vasan SNS

Can you find the definition of the deep nwell layer in your technology file?

I'm not sure on 0.18um but, from what I know, in other TSMC's processes the DEEP N-WELL is an OPTIONAL mask... what is standard is NWELL...

Hi meitolake,
No i cannot find deep nwell layer defined anywhere. I even tried using magic , but even there in the library file used, there is no definition of deep n well.
From what i know this is an optional layer. I donot know how to define that layer and use it in my layout.

Hi layoutmaster,
In 0.18 also Deep Nwell is an optional mask. Any idea how to use it in layout ..

Adding a layer definition is easy, you can use Layer Purpose Pair Editor to do this. But, does the process allow user to define own layer?

Hi ,
The MOSIS website says that the layer is present in the technology but is just optional. So i guess you can define it

I think, 'optional ' means that this layer can be drawn as you like, not mean that can be defined as you like.
I do not recommend modifying the technology file.
Can you get any help from the documentation of this process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back