Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: how to realize the following function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen Hao

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
These days I am required to design a following circuit: distinguish a pulse's duty cycle without clock aided. The input signal is a series pulse with different period and
different duty cycle. And no clock is available, also creating a clock is not allowed because of low power. I must identify whether each pulse's duty cycle is more or less than 50%. Is possible to design this circuit just using digital blocks?? Anyone could give me a valuable clue for that?

//Bow
:|

Hi Owen,

I suppose that your signal is periodic, and that it has two definite (digital) levels 0 and V.
Passing that signal by a low pass filter with unity gain, the output is V*duty_cycle. Comparing this level with V/2 gives you the solution. The filter can be as simple as a single RC cell.
Regards

Z

Hi Zorro
Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried the analog way, but there always is a tradeoff between the rosolution and current consume, that's why I hope design the circuit only with digital blocks. If the input signal's frequency could be doubled with digital way(for example, generate a 2MHz signal when input is 1MHz),I think it's very helpful to my supposion. Do you think it's possible or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back