Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help: how to make a routable P&R with SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxshai

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks, i am a rookie for using SE. There is a problem I could NOT solve for few weeks.

I could NOT make my design finish routing . I have reduce the ROW Utilization , increase the distance between IO and Core. But it still doesn't work.
That made me very depressed.

Is there any good advice about it?

Thanks
Jaxshai

1. what is your row utilization?
2. have you opened the timing driving routing?
3. have you analyzed the congestion issue?
4. did you get very serious timing violation before APR?

kxchorus said:
1. what is your row utilization?
2. have you opened the timing driving routing?
3. have you analyzed the congestion issue?
4. did you get very serious timing violation before APR?

Dear Kxchorus, thanks for your attention.

1. set to 80%
2. yes I made WRoute.Timing.Driven True
3. Not yet, i want to know how?
4. I have pass CTS, no timing violations this time.

And now , I found the IO of STD cell is not located on the cross point of grid line. Is it affect routing ? and how to revise it ?

Thanks indeed.

Jaxshai

You design does not seem have timing issues and I am afraid the congestion problem caused the routing fails.
80% Utilization is too low in most of the case, but it depends on how big of your design. If your design exceed millions of gates. You may need to change your floorplanning to reduce the row utilization. Remember, the bigger the design, the low utilization.

As for the pin of IO cells, if they are not located in the grid net, how do you placed in floorplan tool? You need to fix it in floorplanning tools as well. different tool have different method to fix it.

jaxshai

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Kxchorus,

How to review congestion problem in SE? I really dont know.

Thanks indeed
Jaxshai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back