Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help! How to i send data from one PIC16F690 to another PIC16F690

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandansmi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am compleatly new to microcontolling, i am on an enginneering course studying micros. I am using a PIC16F690 with 4 LEDS, i am trying to write a simple program in mplab for a transmitter and reciver through a cable and batterys to power each board. i have a transmitter program where i have 1 LED flashing. I am trying to mimic that program on the reciver, but also if i plug in any other transmitter program the reciver will recognise it and mimic it.

i am using portA as an input and PORTC as an output.
i have had a go at writing a program but it may be compleatly wrong and make me look stupid. i will include it below. thank you soo much for all ur help i really need it.

#include <p16F690.inc>
__config (_INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _CP_OFF & _BOR_OFF & _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF)

cblock 0x20
endc

org 0
Start:
bsf STATUS,RP0 ; select Register Page 1
TRISA 0x00 ; Make PortA all input
TRISC 0x00 ; Make PortC all output
bcf STATUS,RP0 ; back to Register Page 0
MainLoop:
movlw PORTC ;moving output information in port C too W register
movwf 0x00 ;moving all LEDS in portc to F register
movf PORTA ;moving F register too port A
clrf 0X00 ;clearing portA ALL leds
movf PORTC ;moving portA back to port c
goto MainLoop ;repeat
end

thanks nikhilele just trying to learn now, would any body help me to get an assemberler code for this im using the pic kit 2 starter kit. many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back