Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help]How to excite this resonator in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

enyxep

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
greetings all,

First off all thx for reading this,
i'm doin this project on Ring resonator operating in Ka-band (20-40GHz)
The problem is i couldn't figure out how to excite it through the copper slots (pls refer to model) to get the dominant TE10 mode in the groove region & get the output signal from the other slot.
I've just used HFSS for couple of days.. so apologies if it is so obvious. I've checked the manuals and training provided by ansoft but didn't help much.
The tricky thing is i need to ensure the cyclic power flow exist & storage of energy occurred hence the name waveguide resonator.
anyone familiar with the concept?

Any advice,insights,comment are greatly appreciated..
thx in advance

Groove guide resonator in HFSS- excitation problem

point source

Re: Groove guide resonator in HFSS- excitation problem

hi thx IICCEE for the reply,
but sorry i don't quite understand on what your suggesting.

could u be more specific please.
thx again

1) (I'm SURE) the waveport should be put on a 3D object face, not on a sheet.

2(I'm not sure)) model dimensions seem to be too big for 38GHz which will make the mesh very large. Try to simulate at 3.8GHz
3(I'm not sure)) the upper and lower rings are already has material=aluminum. No need to define the boundary aluminum in boundary.

That's all I can help.
Good luck

hello
I simulate microstrip ring resonator with FDTD and matlab code, above resonator lossy material
( relative permibelity Er and conductivity segma), my problem resonant frequency (s21) don't change with change of Er and segma else in free space is change for example when 1-Er=1 and sgma=0 for free space first resonant (fr1)is 3 GHz
2-Er=3 segma=0.1 fr1=2.7GHz
3-Er=4 segma=0.1 fr1=2.7GH
and so one
please help me maybe error in step size final time step, and I want information about microstrip ring resonator
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back