Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for Zeland IE3D version 9.0.. Current distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit007

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have simulated a microstrip patch antenna using IE3D software to find the radiation pattern and current distribution pattern.

I have a file named ant.cur in my folder. I opened that file using IE3D. Now can someone tell me how to find the direction of the current distribution for this antenna. What is the procedure i shud use?

This is what i did:
From the Process Heading of Cur View 9.0.. after selecting the file name "ant.cur" ... i selected "2D Vector Current Density". And then for the port selection, i selected the 1 port i have in the design.

Is this the correct way ?

Actually.. when i had 1st simulated my antenna.. i got some currect distribution (together with all other results) which i think is different from what i am getting now.. can someone tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Added after 29 minutes:

In the curView 9.0

After I have opened the file ant.cur

In the heading - Current Display.. there is an option for
"Change Phase"
Range of values = 0 to 1. And default is 0.25.

What is this Change Phase used for ?

Which phase shud one be using to understand the current distribution ? As when i change the phase.. the vector directions change accordingly.. So what does it mean ? I'm totally confused with this.

Thanks.

Hi, Sumit007:

IE3D 9.0 is old and the CURVIEW is also very old. Please update to the IE3D 11.5 release. The current visualization is integrated into the layout editor MGRID on IE3D 11.5.

On MGRID 11.5/CURVIEW, you can display vector current. However, you may need to change some setting. For example, you shouild adjust the sizes of the vectors. On MGRID 11.5, you can also define a scaling factor HALF SIZE DB. It is used to scale the vectors. For example, if you define HALF SIZE DB = 20 dB, it means that a vector twice as long is 20 dB bigger than the other one.

When you are displaying vectors, the directions and sizes of the vectors are affected by the phase in the sinusoidal wave. You should change it to differen values to see how the vectors are affected by the phase. For example, if you have a CP antenna, changing the phase and you will see the vectors are rotating. You can try the animiation to see what happens.

Regards.

sumit007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Jian for your help. I will get the updated version soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back