Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for Verilog-A coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog_adam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys;

I need help about a Verilog-A code. This code is a part of an opamp model. The link for the complete model is as follows;

http://www.eda.org/verilog-ams/models/opamp.va

The part that I didn't understand is the bold part in the following;
case (1)
iout > iout_max : iout = iout_max;
iout < -iout_max : iout = -iout_max;

endcase

Could someone explain me what those lines mean.

Thanks for your help in advance.

This is a current-limiter that doesn't allow the current iout to exceed iout_max ( in +ve pr -ve directions )

elbadry said:
This is a current-limiter that doesn't allow the current iout to exceed iout_max ( in +ve pr -ve directions )

How? Can you explain more please??

Thanks in advance,
Yassorty,

the diff. OTA have a tail current source which represent the max. current at the output , so u have to limit the current from/to the output to a max. value.
i have a question why do we say the "iout=(vout0-vout)/rout"

elbadry said:

Thank you elbadry. I understand that part, but I still couldn't understand the syntax. Could you please help me with that.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Added after 1 minutes:

safwatonline said:
the diff. OTA have a tail current source which represent the max. current at the output , so u have to limit the current from/to the output to a max. value.
i have a question why do we say the "iout=(vout0-vout)/rout"

I think Vout0 is the output of the vcvs and there is the output resistance of the opamp between Vout0 and Vout.

you can check the online manual for a very detail on that

pk3316 said:
you can check the online manual for a very detail on that

I searched the reference manual but I couldn't find this syntax. Could you please provide me a link if you find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back