Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for metal-dielectric structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

gell

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
These days I'm using frequency-dependent FDTD to study the behavior of surface plasmon polaritons. I first consider a very simple case, that is, a 2D air hole perforated in a thin metal film. The radius is about 20 percentages of periodicity. The grid size is about lambda/20 and time-step half of the grid size. Two power monitors were put on both sides of metal film (far away) to measure transmission and reflection spectra. A downward planewave source is normally incident on the metal surface. If the metal thickness is about 100 nm, two monitors can detect the outgoing energy. But If I increase the metal thickness to 150 nm, the results seems scattering. Do anyone meet such problems and how to resolve it? Thanks a lot.

May be 150nm thick metal is large than the plasmon decay deepness, I want to simulate the surface plasmon too, may I ask you some question about how to simulate the surface plamon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back