Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help finding ADC with 3V analog input range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so when I use differential input I essentially set the window in which the analog input will be converted and as long as that window is within the absolute maximum ranges and satisfies the peak-to-peak rating it is fine.
Or if I use single ended input then I have to have my analog input signal be withing the range from 0 to Vp-p, but in doing so I let noise and other DC offsets have greater effect on my results?

I think differential will be my choice if only for the fact that my signal does have a DC offset of about +1V so I can set my min to just under that and my max to just under 4V (assuming I have 3Vp-p) and be able to capture my signal.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so based on my analog input signal I am going to want to do a differential input (my signal has a 1V DC offset). So I can set the window minimum to be a little under 1V and the maximum to be a little under 4V (assuming I have 3Vp-p capabilities). This will allow me to convert the whole of my signal to digital right?

As far as data interfacing I think parallel will be fine as it is simple, however that does take one pin per bit.
--------------------------------
Sorry, I didn't realize it had posted my other post. These both say the same thing kinda =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back