Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help]Digital Pll for decoding FSK signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pll sourcecode

Hi

I have attached source code (c language) for digital pll who decode FSK signal
in the 1150 ~ 2150 Hz frequency range , I have 4 questions:

1) Can this source code be allterd to decode FSK signal with frequency range between 100 ~ 200 KHz

2) Whether the answer to question 1 is true - how do I re calculate the coefficient and sample frequency to work in the new frequency range

3) Whether the answer to question 1 and 2 are true - how many A2D samples neded (window size) in order to id a the 1 st and the 2nd frequency.

4) Can I use DFT insted of PLL to ID the requested frequency magnitud or is it a slower methode

Any answer will be appreciated

Thanks

Bobi

digital pll

1) No, because it's far beyond the LPC213x speed capabilities.

The original code is performing it's sampled operation at an interrupt frequency of 8 kHz. It sounds illusional, to increase it by a factor higher than 5 or 10.

Also the maximum ADC sampling rate of about 400 kHz is basically too low. Nyquist rate isn't sufficient in this case.

digital pll source code

Hi

The code attached was for referance only, I have no plan to impliment it on the LPC213x it is to slow for my project

regarding the samplerate the controller A2D I have plan to work with can sample up to 750KHz

all the best

bobi

how to decode fsk

I wouldn't think about the implementation details unless it's clear, that the controller can perform the required amount of arithmetics at the sampling frequency.

pll fsk decode

HI

Would this code work with 50KHz & 60KHz carrier frequency?(50KHz for F1 and 60KHz for F2)

What should be the sampling frequecy and the window size?

how do I make the calculation?

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.