Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Design an MRI RF Surface Coil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeoman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello dear fellows,

I'm pretty a newbie in using ADS to design MRI RF coils:cry:, and it seems that nobody around me has ever done such a thing before.

Could anybody give me a hand, in order to have that thing in a form of functoning layout? All matched, tuned, and decoupled.

Many thanks!

Rodeoman:D

Hi Rodeoman

Did you find any thing, I am trying to do the same let us share any thing new.

sadmad

I've done alot of research on this. The most easy way is to use planar software (eg AXIEM or sonnet) and model your tissue as a very large lossy dielectric layer. Dielectric properties of body tissues are found in online calculators. Also, the smaller your coil the more easy your design will be. For coupling you should use inductive coupling ( a second small coil) . This is proven to be more better in terms of SNR and saves you an expensive variable non magnetic capacitor. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back