Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help~~cadence problems~!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangjavier

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What does the following notices mean when using Analog design envoriment to simulate a circuit??

"
Only one conntection to the folowoing nodes....

No dc path from node...to ground.

"

These notices appeared when I simulated the circuit after parasictic extractred. In fact there were no such notices when I just simulated the schematic. The shematic and the layout mathed.

I don't why. How could the parasitic elements change the circuit so much that even block the dc path??

And I also want to know how to find some node or parasitic element in the layout by knowing its name??

Thank you so much~!!

It is fine. When you do post-layout simulation with parasitics, there should be many nodes without DC paths such as dangling paths.

tsinghua said:
It is fine. When you do post-layout simulation with parasitics, there should be many nodes without DC paths such as dangling paths.
Hey, you are from tsinghua??so what's your ID on SMTH??

1st: to solve the problem you can set initial condition for that node or create a dc path for it
2nd:use SHORT toolbar

you shall check & save your schematci , and simulate using the new netlist.

I aslo met this message and still dont know how to solve.
Hi saberbf, can you tell me how to set set initial condition for the error node?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back