Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help about hsim VCS co-simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhq414

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all
I have a circuit which can be simulated by hsim, but when I use HSIM and VCS to do co-simulation.,there is a problen about the used lib:
ERROR:0x31501054:File "/spice/models/YI-115-SM003/hspice/sm115003.hspice", line 7752, column 100, format SPICE: Unsupported Charge-Conserved Capacitor
The above error is encountered when compiling(vcs -ad_hsim +ad=vcsAD.init verilog/**.v +vcs+dumpvars). Has anyone ever encountered this problem? How to solve it?

hi,

few comments before coming to your problem:

from command u are using i am feeling that u are using older method of doing a cosimulation.
starting 2009.06 cosimulation methods has been changed significantly, please ensure that you are using latest manual/command for cosim.
u can ask solvnet for more details on this change and manual.

if possible to post vcsAD.init file in forum, ... i can have a quick look on same.

coming to your problem:

can you please elaborate what type of capacitor is there (line 7752 , as indicated by error).

i would suggest to create a small testcase with R,C circuit in analog domain ,and a pulse suppllied through verilog domain.
ensure that analog netlist is compiled individually by hsim, then proceed in cosim.
if cosim again gives error for unsupported model , please contact solvnet.
it can be a new device that need to be added in cosim methodology
( hsim alone and hsim-vcs cosim are not compelled to behave same, there is glue attaching both simulator and this new model may be not acceptable by that glue logic )

overall , create and small testcase with that device , and contact solvnet for better help on same.

hope this helps!!

ankitgarg0312 said:
hi,

few comments before coming to your problem:

from command u are using i am feeling that u are using older method of doing a cosimulation.
starting 2009.06 cosimulation methods has been changed significantly, please ensure that you are using latest manual/command for cosim.
u can ask solvnet for more details on this change and manual.

if possible to post vcsAD.init file in forum, ... i can have a quick look on same.

coming to your problem:

can you please elaborate what type of capacitor is there (line 7752 , as indicated by error).

i would suggest to create a small testcase with R,C circuit in analog domain ,and a pulse suppllied through verilog domain.
ensure that analog netlist is compiled individually by hsim, then proceed in cosim.
if cosim again gives error for unsupported model , please contact solvnet.
it can be a new device that need to be added in cosim methodology
( hsim alone and hsim-vcs cosim are not compelled to behave same, there is glue attaching both simulator and this new model may be not acceptable by that glue logic )

overall , create and small testcase with that device , and contact solvnet for better help on same.

hope this helps!!
Thank you! I'll try as you suggested. The vcsAD.ini is as follow:
spice_top;
choose hsim spice/xxx.cdl;
use_verilog -module xxxx;
set bus_format [%d];
And the line 7752 is as follow:
Ca 5 20 q='Cmax*(v(5,20)/TR+(1-1/TR)/KCV*log((1+exp(KCV*(v(5,20)-Vmp-dVFB)))/(1+exp(KCV*(-Vmp-dVFB)))))'
Aslo the same error encountered in line 316:
Cs 1 2 q='c_ctot*c_temp*(v(1,2)+vc1*0.5*v(1,2)**2+vc2*1/3*v(1,2)**3)'

Ur vcsad.init file looks ok..

this is a charge conseving capacitor...
i am not sure whether hsim-vcs will be able to handle it...

as i sugggested earlier make a small testcase of rc circuit and i suspect it will not work in cosimulation.
you can contact solvnet with that testcase so that they can help u with a enhancement request or so workaround .....

i have never used charge conserved capacitors earlier , can you elaborate where are such capacitors used?
are these for modelling some behavior or they are fabricated in silicon as well??

ankitgarg0312 said:
Ur vcsad.init file looks ok..

this is a charge conseving capacitor...
i am not sure whether hsim-vcs will be able to handle it...

as i sugggested earlier make a small testcase of rc circuit and i suspect it will not work in cosimulation.
you can contact solvnet with that testcase so that they can help u with a enhancement request or so workaround .....

i have never used charge conserved capacitors earlier , can you elaborate where are such capacitors used?
are these for modelling some behavior or they are fabricated in silicon as well??
The charge conserved capacitors are used to model a nmos varactor,I don't know exactly why use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back