Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[hellp] 1400 warnings: 'Warning: No clock transition on..'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goover

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
due to stuck clock or clock enable

Hello,

I'm trying to implement a design with the Quartus 2 (v6) software for my Cyclone II FPGA.

I needed 80 counters for my design, 1 created a block of 4 counters, placed 10 of them in a design file and created a symbol file. This all synthesises, and the logical simulations are fine too.

But when I placed the 80counter block in my overall design file it first worked fine. But since a day or so I get aprox. 1400 warnings all about the same.

Code:
Warning: No clock transition on "80Counters:inst|Total43:inst8|lpm_counter0:inst2|lpm_counter:lpm_counter_component|cntr_gdj:auto_generated|safe_q[0]" register due to stuck clock or clock enable

As you can see the warning occurs in a standard lmp_counter.. it seems like the clk signal is not connected in the correct way. But I can't find any abnormalities.

I named a pin as 'CLK' and specified the timing settings (50mhz)..

Help anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back