Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello everyone, I would like to ask one question about LNA for LTE standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yixiusky

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I would like to ask questions about Low Noise Amplifier for LTE standard.

1. In the commercial LTE chip, multiple LNAs are adopted which consumes a large area. I wonder why do not use one wideband LNA instead of multi-narrow band LNAs? Are there any technical issues for this wideband LNA design, or are there any advantages to adopt multi-narrow band LNAs?

2. Could anyone provide the documents which can explain question 1?

Thank you very very much !

When you look at the equations for Noise one of the Biggest contributors is Bandwidth.
Also it is easier to get better performance out of an Amplifier in a narrow bandwidth.

Go look at the Frequency response of Caps and Inductors, and even frequency response
of microwave transmission line. Then find out what is the dimensions of Zo for your PCB
at each of the LTE Bands you are using.

Cheers

thank you very much for your reply, I am really appreciate it. ^^.

I would like to ask one more question. When design TDD LTE receiver, can we use just one wideband LNA? Is there any paper or document published for this one? Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.