Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDL Designer 2003 Under Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mami_hacky

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Tested HDS 2003.1 under RH7.2, the program works well. The environment has some how changed from the previous versions, a hdldesignerpro license is needed. ( obtainable from mentor HDS site directly or :wink: )

Testing HDS 2003.1 Under Mandrake Linux, results the same error as the previous versions, also this is the same as what happens when you try to run HDS under RH8, "Can not create FontSet .... , The following characters can not be shown..." I tried a lot, to some how run the program, first, I installed lots of different fonts, and then I found out that we can change the HDS's fonts using one of its configuration files, the result for all of these efforts was that this error does not relate to a special font, and it's source is some where else. Then I tryed some of .so files from RH7.2 on Mandrake 9.1, specially those .so files which had a "font" word in their names, OK! agian this time nothing obtained.

Testing HDS 2003.1 (Windows Version) under Windows 2003 Server, a fantastic error message appears: "The system date has been set back" however all of the other programs which use flexlm work well, ( those such as amplify ) and I'm wondering, I have never changed my system's date.

Testing HDS 2003.1 ( Windows Version ) under Windows XP, every thing is OK.

We should work more on the new HDS's environment, so that we can find out, the improvements to the previous version.

Any body can guide me, about the linux font system and specially describe what is a FontSet?

OK! No reply after near one week, then I can guess that there is no body in this forum, really interested in this tool. Any how, if any body knows a better choice please inform me.
The solution to the installation problem of HDS under Mandrak 9.1 is as follows:
There is a XFree86 older versions compatibility library on the third CD of Mandrake 9.1, on the third CD, search for "*compat*" and you will find it. install the rpm.
That was it all.

I am in the forum and I am interested in the tool. But concerning EDA, I am stuck to RedHat 7.3 and I make no further experiments with my OS. I have a second used machine (Pentium 166MHz), on which I try newer Linux distributions.

Hi, mami_hacky:
When I running HDS2002 build7, it always show the following warning message in blue color on the log window:

Warning: The following charsets cannot be drawn with font '-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*':
XXXXX

I canot make sure that whether you see the same message like this. But HDS still runs well even the message showed. :) :wink:

HI mami_hacky,
I'm interesting in this software. But where can i get it?

Also for Memphis
I also use this version now. It run's well. I haven't seen this message when I run this software. It looks like you haven't install the Acrobat in your system.

Very good approach to test the new operating systems on a primary system before porting them to main system for design and development. Any how, MDK 9.1 is really some thing else, compared to RH7.3, e.g. the execution speed of programs is really faster than RH7.2, OK! I know updating the kernel version of RH7.2 can improve the performance, any how...
I could not understand the relationship of adobe acrobat and HDS. dear my_garden, of course helvetica is one of the adobe's fonts, but as I said you can easily change HDL Designer's fonts, using a configuration file in the /resources/misc directory.

Yes mami_hacky, you are right. I think maybe after Memphis changes the font, the alert message will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.