Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDD with Linux stops at "Enable swap space [OK]"

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_shafie

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have install linux on my hard disk and it works well put when i moved the hard disk to another computer which normally doesn't affect Linux it open put stops on the following line:
Enable swap space [OK]

than nothing happens, I have tried to restart the computer but also nothing changes.
Please answer me ASAP because i'm on hurry
Thanks,

LINUX

There are many possibilities. You can't just move a HD to another system unless both have exactly the same hardware. It's just not a good way.

LINUX

It will not work until unless both systems have exactly same hardware configuration. When you install any operating systems it will also install device drivers for all supported hardware devices. In your case it might find the hardware but with different configuration e.g. both system might have sound card but the model/version of sound card will be different for which you will need different driver.

LINUX

The hardware must match it.

Re: LINUX

Dear All,
Thanks alot for your replies, the pb. was solved it was due to mis-configuration of the monitor and the VGA card. so i have to enter maunally the command
<system-config-display --noui --reconfig>
<reboot>
and all stuffs goes right, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.