gopintj

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Thirukalukalukundra, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu, India
Activity points
Hi all.

I have recently purchased HC-05 Embedded Bluetooth module to interface it with my PIC24F development board. As per my requirement, i need to connect more than one bluetooth enabled devices like Android phones with it simultaneously. I have referred HC-05's Documentation and couldn't find any information regarding its number of supported channels.

I would like to know whether HC-05 Embedded bluetooth module contains more than 1 Communication channels.

I would be happy if someone explains whether a bluethooth module can connect with more than one device simultaneously.?

If yes, please explain me briefly.

Have a great day.

Thanks in advance.

I think the HC-05 Bluetooth module can communicate to one device at a time

HC-05 is a classic BT device with one-to-one device connection. You might want to use the newer Bluetooth 4.0/4.1 (Bluetooth Low-Power, or BLE)

Thanks for your reply.

After checking, i have come to know that, HC-05 connects with only one android phone at a time. However, it pairs with multiple devices before it gets connected.

My requirement is slide different. I need a bluetooth module, unlike HC-05, that can connect with multiple android phones simultaneously. Is there any bluetooth module in the market that could satisfy my requirement?

I searched about RN-41 bluetooth module. But i dunno whether it supports my requirement or not.

hello,

it'seems impossible with BT HC05 module to dialogue with multi Master (many Android phones)..
the reverse, one master and 7 slave seems possible , regarding this documents...
link

Maybe Zigbee with multi nodes connexions could be more appropriate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.