Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HC-05 Embedded Bluetooth Module and its communication channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopintj

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Thirukalukalukundra, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu, India
Activity points
Hi all.

I have recently purchased HC-05 Embedded Bluetooth module to interface it with my PIC24F development board. As per my requirement, i need to connect more than one bluetooth enabled devices like Android phones with it simultaneously. I have referred HC-05's Documentation and couldn't find any information regarding its number of supported channels.

I would like to know whether HC-05 Embedded bluetooth module contains more than 1 Communication channels.

I would be happy if someone explains whether a bluethooth module can connect with more than one device simultaneously.?

If yes, please explain me briefly.

Have a great day.

Thanks in advance.

I think the HC-05 Bluetooth module can communicate to one device at a time

HC-05 is a classic BT device with one-to-one device connection. You might want to use the newer Bluetooth 4.0/4.1 (Bluetooth Low-Power, or BLE)

Thanks for your reply.

After checking, i have come to know that, HC-05 connects with only one android phone at a time. However, it pairs with multiple devices before it gets connected.

My requirement is slide different. I need a bluetooth module, unlike HC-05, that can connect with multiple android phones simultaneously. Is there any bluetooth module in the market that could satisfy my requirement?

I searched about RN-41 bluetooth module. But i dunno whether it supports my requirement or not.

hello,

it'seems impossible with BT HC05 module to dialogue with multi Master (many Android phones)..
the reverse, one master and 7 slave seems possible , regarding this documents...
link

Communication and connection[edit]
A master Bluetooth device can communicate with a maximum of seven devices in a piconet (an ad-hoc computer network using Bluetooth technology), though not all devices reach this maximum. The devices can switch roles, by agreement, and the slave can become the master (for example, a headset initiating a connection to a phone will necessarily begin as master, as initiator of the connection; but may subsequently prefer to be slave).
The Bluetooth Core Specification provides for the connection of two or more piconets to form a scatternet, in which certain devices simultaneously play the master role in one piconet and the slave role in another.
At any given time, data can be transferred between the master and one other device (except for the little-used broadcast mode[citation needed]). The master chooses which slave device to address; typically, it switches rapidly from one device to another in a round-robin fashion. Since it is the master that chooses which slave to address, whereas a slave is (in theory) supposed to listen in each receive slot, being a master is a lighter burden than being a slave. Being a master of seven slaves is possible; being a slave of more than one master is difficult.[citation needed] The specification is vague as to required behavior in scatternets.

Maybe Zigbee with multi nodes connexions could be more appropriate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.