Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Having problem in driving mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi E-design thanks for your info.Yes i tried already connecting 0.1uf between Vcc and GND..I already mentioned am using development board so its impossible to have wrong layout and there is no design before the driver stage its just the signals from the microcontroller. From all of the suggestions i think the problem will be from my SPWM signals not from the design or circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using two interrupts and two timers for spwm.One timer to generate 50hz and other to generate a spwm. I am doing everything right.
But somewhere i am missing something that i have to find .

Hi E-design thanks for your info.Yes i tried already connecting 0.1uf between Vcc and GND..I already mentioned am using development board so its impossible to have wrong layout and there is no design before the driver stage its just the signals from the microcontroller. From all of the suggestions i think the problem will be from my SPWM signals not from the design or circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using two interrupts and two timers for spwm.One timer to generate 50hz and other to generate a spwm. I am doing everything right.
But somewhere i am missing something that i have to find .

Hi;

okay we kind of give you some advice again. maybe just to clear some doubt about the chips not been good or not.

from your schematic it shows you re using Push-Pull and not HalfBridge mode. so i will say you do one of two things or probably the both.

1. you can get a one of the IR2110 and use it to drive the mosfets and compare your result.

2. you can also go by the totem pole driver and see if you can also get some sort of better result but here you will need four transistors (two NPN and two PNP for this. pair of BD139 and BD140 should the trick for you.

you can check this link for an idea about totem pole driver https://www.instructables.com/id/Semi-Conducting-A-Guide/step14/Totem-Poles/

in addition i will advice you to add a 1k resistor from gate to source of each mosfets to prevent accidental turn off. somedead time control too might ok. if u can

Hope this help

Tunde

Hi,
Sorry yes its a push pull not half bridge mode and I tried already with BD139,BD140 and no changes after then only i moved to use TLP250 .I have given enough dead time in programming and used 10k between gate and source. i think 1k is a very low resistance it will affects the gate voltage because already i am having problem in gate voltage . Anyway i will try with IR2110 and 1K solution and post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.