Harmonics of an amplifier [hlp]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah there will be harmoncis , but they may be low , the harmonics will depend on how will u drive ur amp , will it be in sat , where the nonlinear effect is high and so the harmonics will be high

khouly

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello;
Khouly wrote:
yeah there will be harmoncis , but they may be low , the harmonics will depend on how will u drive ur amp , will it be in sat , where the nonlinear effect is high and so the harmonics will be high
Suppose that amplifier isn't in saturation. What is the level of harmonics respect to desired signal? -40dBc? -50dBc? How much?

it will depend on the amplifier charcteristics , i can't tell from the datasheet , but u can do something nice , in any simulator like ads use the amp model and use the OIP3 and 1 dB compression point and the gain to model the amp , then use the HB simulator , and check the output harmonics , this can give u a crude approximation

khouly

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello;
khouly wrote:
in any simulator like ads use the amp model and use the OIP3 and 1 dB compression point and the gain to model the amp , then use the HB simulator , and check the output harmonics , this can give u a crude approximation
Can you upload an example of such analysis in ADS2004?

i don't have one right now , so i need to create it , it will take time , coz i have exams these days

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…