Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Harmonics of an amplifier [hlp]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah there will be harmoncis , but they may be low , the harmonics will depend on how will u drive ur amp , will it be in sat , where the nonlinear effect is high and so the harmonics will be high

khouly

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello;
Khouly wrote:
yeah there will be harmoncis , but they may be low , the harmonics will depend on how will u drive ur amp , will it be in sat , where the nonlinear effect is high and so the harmonics will be high
Suppose that amplifier isn't in saturation. What is the level of harmonics respect to desired signal? -40dBc? -50dBc? How much?

it will depend on the amplifier charcteristics , i can't tell from the datasheet , but u can do something nice , in any simulator like ads use the amp model and use the OIP3 and 1 dB compression point and the gain to model the amp , then use the HB simulator , and check the output harmonics , this can give u a crude approximation

khouly

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello;
khouly wrote:
in any simulator like ads use the amp model and use the OIP3 and 1 dB compression point and the gain to model the amp , then use the HB simulator , and check the output harmonics , this can give u a crude approximation
Can you upload an example of such analysis in ADS2004?

i don't have one right now , so i need to create it , it will take time , coz i have exams these days

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back