Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware/Software interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeddawoud

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
we know when writting in high-level language the statements converted into assembly language using the compiler and then into machine code using assembler. ok, but what I can't understand how these binary digits converted into hardware actions.
Regards

U can add a protocol monitor to check the action compared to assemble code, then look out the high level language with disassemble tool.

you code was saved in file, and file is stored in some type media:harddisk or flash...etc.
we don't constrate on the storing process , but only see the charactor displayed on the screen, which has been translated by circuits

Hello,

this assembler/linker will generate a memory content with the instructions of your program. This instructions "binary words" will be fetched by the processor, then decoded. While decoding these instruction bits, electrical signals are driven to perform the execution of this very instruction. The execution will depend on the architecture of your CPU.

For example if the instruction is ADD R1, R2 (i.e., R1 = R1 + R2):
The ADD signal (or flag if you prefer) of the ALU will be set, other signals will select the ALU operands from the right registers (i.e., R1,R2) and the result will be latched back to R1.

Look for some computer architecture tutorial on the net. They will explain you much better than I possible can.

cheers

The binary code correpond to certain CPU intructions, which are implemented by hardware CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back