Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware design books

mirror_pole

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo guys,

I am interested in hardware design and would like to have some recomendations regarding books.
I want to understand how different type of control units which are build in cars work and how to aproach the design itself. Therefore i look for some basic stuff, for example how to design a Power supply concept with different type of voltage Regulators, designing filters for emc and so on. Could you suggest me some stuff to start with?

Best regards

The Art of Electronics by Horowitz and Hill (2nd or 3rd edition are both good) is my standard recommendation for practical circuit design, especially for those who don't already have a strong background in calculus. It covers basic power electronics, among many other subjects.

Good starter for PSU work is the book "demystifying switch mode power supplies".
All the Dr Ray Ridley app notes are good.
Also the Power integrations App Notes are good.
So are Microchip SMPS app notes good

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: