Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hard disk with irritating problem......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDEEP ANAND

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO FRIENDS :D ,
I have "seagate barracudda 7200.12" 1TB hard disk with very irritating problem,some my time my system detect it for few seconds, some times don't,i had checked it with different MB,PSU & lots sata cable too.:oops:it did't make any symbolic error sounds like "kit" "kit", "ssooo" "ssoo"........:-x

You have checked all the basics and narrowed down the fault to the drive itself. Possible failure modes of the drive may include:
Temperature related.. Does the drive get too hot in an enclosure? Can you run the drive outside of the case and direct a fan onto it?
Inspect the power and signal connectors on the drive itself. Maybe they have become damaged. Maybe there is in intermittent solder connection from them to the PCB on the drive (which I admit would be hard to identify...)

You have checked all the basics and narrowed down the fault to the drive itself. Possible failure modes of the drive may include:
Temperature related.. Does the drive get too hot in an enclosure? Can you run the drive outside of the case and direct a fan onto it?
Inspect the power and signal connectors on the drive itself. Maybe they have become damaged. Maybe there is in intermittent solder connection from them to the PCB on the drive (which I admit would be hard to identify...)
ITS does't overheat

Unfortunately I have had at least 2 Barracudas crashing within a few years. One of them was only 14 days old. Be sure to make a backup if you still can.

dont bother with not reliable hard disks : change it ! free if under warranty, if not heh ?
also always have a backup of your data on another disk, eventually second backup for important things you never have enought
when you plan of buying a disk, always buy two and make a backup.
sorry but that's the only way to deal with hard drives !

Status
Not open for further replies.