Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

half bridge using uc3825

Status
Not open for further replies.

emiljose88

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys

I wish to done a half bridge using UC3825( up to 400W). Can you suggest any guidelines to my project?

Dear emiljose
Hi
It is pretty simple . but i think you forgot to mention your problem . If you describe your problem , i can help you as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Did you see it's dataseet exactly ? It has two out puts , first is PWM and the other is PWM' . so you can drive a half bridge simply .
But i think you are not familiar with Half bridge , right ? we have two model for half bridge ( two usual mode ) . first one with simultaneous supply and the other with single supply and two capacitors .
Good luck
Goldsmith

thanks
first time i'm going to design a half bridge

Vin-150V to 265VAC
output- 15V 20A smps

can you help me seriously, with schematics (UC3825)

Sure , no problem . at first you should the frequency of PWM .
If you increase the PWM frequency we will have an advantage and a disadvantage : advantage : magnetic elements will have low size . and disadvantages : 1- at high frequencies skin effect will suffer you . 2- the dissipation will increase .
Hence i think 100 KHZ will be good choice for you . so you should select two mosfet that can work at this range of frequency , as well .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Oh sorry , i forgot it completely
See below , please :
Simple half bridge.JPG
And for feed back you'll need a tl431 and an opto coupler .or a simple zener diode and an opto coupler .
i think you're able to work with that driver . did you read it's datasheet ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back