Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM SMS 8051 controlling relays

Status
Not open for further replies.
controlling 20 relays serially 8051

use special symbols like () "" etc before and after the message
like this

(Hello)

it will works

to read the message use

AT+CMGL="rec unread"\r in coding for reading unreaded sms
AT+CMGR=1\r in coding for reading sms in 1 st location it may be readed or unreaded.

use either one command and use
for(i=0;i<=100;i++)
{

a=getc();

}

after that compare the character in the a[]

upto ( this

and get the content inbetween () by increament a[] upto ) this

the control the device as u like.

any doubt just post i will clear ur dpubt.

mikrobasic mobile gsm

Thank you yasil today am going to create a circuit with Proteas and i will try to simulate then i will give you the feedback thanks alot.

bhas_r said:
use special symbols like () "" etc before and after the message
like this
(Hello)
it will works to read the message use
AT+CMGL="rec unread"\r in coding for reading unreaded sms
AT+CMGR=1\r in coding for reading sms in 1 st location it may be readed or unreaded.

use either one command and use
for(i=0;i<=100;i++)
{
a=getc();
}
after that compare the character in the a[]
upto ( this
and get the content inbetween () by increament a[] upto ) this
the control the device as u like.
any doubt just post i will clear ur dpubt.

bhas_r your info are useful to me, thanks too.

Regads
Geev88

gsm module level-shifter

Hi. I am facing problem that i am unable to read message through mobile phone. can any body help me and tell me which mobile phone to use? I am using 8051 so only serial interface mobile will work. further will usb to serial converter will work for any mobile.

gsm at command sms code c microcontroller

For a complete set of AT commands,you can consult the pdf document attached with this post

regards
m.yasir

pic gsm relay

Hello.. i found from other site, for controlling devices by sending sms commands, the circuit diag is attached,, but i dont know where the txd rxd pin is to be connected in mobile phone,, can anybody plz help me out with this ??? i m really desparate abt making this project,,,,

connect gsm to microcontroller

pls this may be stupid but require clarification. Connecting Mobile to microcontroller and using sms to control relays: where do you code d AT command. mobile phone ? or microcontroller?

a1018s at+cmgs pdu

I don't know... :cry:

Is it just me who has always that nine-eleven-thing in mind, when I read threads like this one?

We should care, what to answer :!:

ep20k

a1018s at+cmgs

ep20k said:
I don't know... :cry:

Is it just me who has always that nine-eleven-thing in mind, when I read threads like this one?

We should care, what to answer :!:

ep20k
u shouldn't have such thought. those guys employ experts and not hobbyst like us. we simply learn here and make life comfortable rather than creating problems in our society. engineers are problem solvers and we do ve conscience.

gsm code for 8051 in c language

codewiz said:
u shouldn't have such thought. those guys employ experts and not hobbyst like us. we simply learn here and make life comfortable rather than creating problems in our society. engineers are problem solvers and we do ve conscience.

I don't know.

Johann W. v. Goethe said:
I hear the message well but lack Faith's constant trust.

As you already know:

ep20k

t290i sms rs232

pls this may be stupid but require clarification. Connecting Mobile to microcontroller and using sms to control relays: where do you code d AT command. mobile phone ? or microcontroller?

Modem can be operated for sending SMS and reading SMS from modem sent to its number by sending AT commands to the modem

AT commands may be sent to the modem by two ways:

1. By interfacing it with PC and sending AT commands through Hyper Terminal
2. By interfacing it to the microcontroller and sending AT commands from microcontroller to the modem to operate the modem.

To make the relay operate through microcontroller you need to interface modem and relays with the microcontroller.Send Commands (you may define your own set of commands, embedded in the SMS that you are required to send to the modem, to make the microcontroller operate relayes accordingly ) to the modem from your mobile phone or other modem interfaced with PC.

Modem only understands AT commands for performing its operations like reading SMS and sending SMS

I would try to upload a simulation in Protues to operate the relays on commands sent through SMS

regards
m.yasir

mikrobasic const byte to var integer

tariq7868, well it is a good ciruit diagram,i don't know about mobile phone connections however if have interfaced GSM modem WISMO Quik 2403A

If you see the modem interafce you would see the following signals on it:

TxD,RxD,DCD,CTS,RTS,DSR,DTR,RI

According to this cuiruit schematic if you want to interafce GSM modem instead of the Mobile Phone to the connector of this circuit then you need to connect TxD of modem with TxD of microcontroller,RxD of modem with RxD of the microcontroller and GND obviously is a common signal to both modem and microcontroller.There should be one-to-one connection between modem and microcontroller.
Shorten the CTS signal of modem interafce with RTS signal of modem interafce

Also there is no need for resistors 2.7k and 3.3k,you can connect modem sigals directly with microcontroller

The simulation which i have posted here is only a part of a bigger project that i am trying to simulate on Protues,so there are many extra elements in my circuit diagram.

would you please mention the website from where have you downloaded that ciruit schematic

regards
m.yasir

a1018s 16f877

HI!
THE PROBLEM I AM FACING IS ALL THE MOBILE PHONES I HAVE CHECKED DONT SUPPORT AT+CMGR OR AT+CMGL. I WIOULD LIKE HELP IF ANY BODY CAN TELL ME THE MOBILE WHICH SUPPORTS THIS COMMAND. I KNOW ABOUT T290 BUT IT IS NOT AVAILABLE. AND THE MOBILE PHONE SHOULD HAVE A SERIAL DATA CABLE AS USB INTERFACE IS NOT AVAILABLE WITH 8051.

tHANKS

gsm sms commands

You are better off using a GSM radio module rather than a phone. There are many avaialble.

Some manufacturers; Cinterion, Kyocera, Motorola, Sierra, SIMCom, Telit. These are available in single quanties for less than $50 US.

make a gsm relay

i am told that i have to accomplish the task using a mobile. i wiuld appreciate if anyone can tell me a phone having serial interface. and i am unable to uderstand that if i use pdu mode why i have to do some decoding. whereas i think if i am using a mobile phone with pdu mode mobile itself should coding and decoding. any elaboration on this?

thanks

gsm controlled relay circuit

my project advisor...... i am doing a project on vehicle tracking....

c coad to sms gsm modem

In my opinion in vehicle tracking system you should preferably use GSM modem like Telit,Wismo etc.

Mobile may also be used for sending vehicle coordinates to the base station through SMS for displaying position of vehicle on map

GSM modem may be interfaced through RS232 interface either with PC or with microcontroller.It is easier and simple.

If you are using Nokia mobile phone for vehicle tracking system then you would have understands F-bus and M-bus protocols

gsm 8051

thanks yasir but my problem still remains unanswered. this is the limitation of my project that i have to achieve this project using mobile phone. i a trying to get sony ericsson t290 which is not easily available in pakistan. thats why i was asking if u or anyone knows that other than the se t290 is there any phone supporting text mode with a serial data cable....
thanx

mikrobasic rb4-rb7

Musa,why are you making your life difficult by sticking to use of mobile instead of GSM modem.

If you can find out some GSM modem in the market with RS-232 interface then better go for GSM modem with RS-232 interface.

If you use old Nokia mobile like 3310 you would have to understand f-bus and m-bus protocols which have their own intricacies to understand.

However,if you are able to utilize old (used) mobile phone instead of GSM modem,it would cost you much lesser.

I think you should explore Motorola C168 which works on AT Commands.It is old mobile but it supports AT commands for sending and receiving SMS through AT commands.

It's pin out diagram is given below:

16_1246863407.png

regards
m.yasir

Added after 3 hours 35 minutes:

As far as i have been able to explore,TxD pin of microcontroller is connected directly with RxD of the male connector pin that is inserted into the socket of Motorola C168i
while RxD pin of the microcontroller is connected directly with TxD of the male connector pin that is inserted into the socket of Motorola C168i
while GND is common to both.

These connections are made without involving any level shifter IC like max232.

8051 and relay interface pdf

Thank u very much Yasir I will try what u have told me ....and update my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back