Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM serial port / AT commands problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaid2000

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GSM serial port problem

Hi all..
I'm a student in final year project. My prject is about run a home device by sending a sms from mobile, the message will be recieved by GSM modem connected to board via serial prot,I'm using MicroBasic language and PIC16F877A, Here is some parts of the code:

USART_INIT(9600)
USART_WRITE_TEXT("AT+CMGF=1") 'CHANGE MSG FORMAT
USART_WRITE(13)
USART_WRITE(10)
DELAY_MS(300)

USART_WRITE_TEXT("AT+CMGR=1") 'READ LAST MESG
USART_WRITE(13)
USART_WRITE(10)
DELAY_MS(300)

IF (Y[0]= "1") THEN 'if the msg is "1" then protb.0=1
PORTB.0 = 1
END IF

I think i did everthing right but the problem is that when i send the message it does't work!!!!! !, can anyone help me please.
Ps I also gonna attach the code....PLEASE HELP

Re: GSM serial port problem

can you show detail schematics design & components..

i think i can help you..provide to me in details then i will make the code.asm by using MPLAB
tell me your phone brand..

Why do you use "USART_WRITE(10)"? It is new line command. Is it necessary?

Another advice for you. COnnect gsm modem to a computer serial port. Send this commands to modem by using "Hyperterminal". By this way you can investigate modem reply messages.

I cant understand why you are reading till you get A and then B?

First check your modem with hyperterminal.

The message returned after sending at+cmgr=1 will contain lot of details before the original message.

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.