Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gsm phone modem with data cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

abv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working on a project.. using atcommands (text mode ) ,16f877a
Please suggest me some low cost gsm phone's that can use as a modem ,also that can access through data cable.:roll:

For low cost mobile phones, I think you can choose low end nokia phones like c1 and so on.. which may serve your application.

Hi abv,

If I understand your problem correctly then you need to have mobile which is continuously connected to your PC for data transfer..... I think that is why the reason you are looking of communication of mobile and PC through data cable.....If this is the scenario.... this can be tackled even through wireless connection between mobile and your PC with server client communication.....I had never used mobile communication with PC through data cable except transferring the photo(image and videos ) through USB data cable captured by mobile camera...... The problem that I see with data cable is that these kind of USB (Data Cable ) interfaces are designed to particular module in the mobile like camera putting image captured in the folder or memory segment exposed by Data cable interface....now to do this Digital data that captured through the GSM ( at commands ) need bit more understanding of internal of mobile phone that your are using.... My thought here is use the option of Wireless or Ethernet (TCP/IP) based communication method of such a communication.....

Good Luck

Reactions: abv

abv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back