Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM MODEM (G2403R BY WAVECOM) INTERFACING WITH 8051 VIARS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHIMU

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
am doing a project in which I have to monitor some parameters at a remote site and need to transmit those readings to certain mobiles. For the same purpose I am using
8051 and wavecom gsm+gprs modem..... G2403R

I cud connect d modem with PC's serial port and can work out with the help of
AT COMMANDS + HYPERTRMINAL

but now my problem is dat i am not using PC in my prjct and i want to send AT COMMANDS via microcontroller serial communication only....

I can interface gsm modem with microcontroller via rs 232....
but i have doubt rather i dont knw whether transmitting at commands directly via serial communciation will work or not....
or I need to do any additional changes....

Dear Frndz,

I am doing a project on SMS based home automation system. I am Using Wavecom Supreme 10 Modem & ATMEGA32 MCU. I have completed my project almost. But now am facing one problem in Getting the response from the modem. I can send the AT & get OK reply.Then Send AT+CMGF=1 and get reply.Next send AT+CMGR=1 & get the communication error. No reply. I have tested the MODEM+PC it works fine. MCU+PC it works fine.But when I connect MCU+MODEM then creating Problem. I am using 1200bps. I am using CODEVISION AVR compiler & 8MHz crystal.I think it is creating problem in Crystal frequency. In the market I get 8,16,20 & 4 MHz crystal. What do I do?

Added after 3 minutes:

linking the above I chose Internal clock & opened the external crystal. Please tell me what to do if I want to configure the Compiler for bps9600 or 1200. Another question is that that is the maximum frequency range for the Internal Ocsillator in ATMEGA32 or ATMEGA16?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: GSM MODEM (G2403R BY WAVECOM) INTERFACING WITH 8051 VIAR

i thiunk it's about the baudrate. Have u tried to change the clock frequency to 16Mhz? try to do communication with not bellow then 19200. Can u please post the schematic for your conncetion? because when i tried my friend's modem, i can communicate with pc only,, when i do it with MCU i can't get response.. MCU works fine with hyperterminal, so i guess it's bout the interconection between them.

@mushu_mist:

In a similar project, I am also using WAVECOM GSM modem and Atmega32. But I don't have any idea that how to send and receive data from the modem. Using CVAVR, I can configure the MCU for UART communication. But how to configure the modem for bit rate and other initiations?
Pls help me.

@kumar26, Search in google By "AT Command Interface Guide.pdf" you will get what you are searching for.

I have same problem too.
the schematic and program in CVAVR are right,and there is no error in compile.
but
I cant interface the modem G2403R with micro atmega16.
is there anyone hav new schematics or CVAVR program that will help?

I have done with code vision avr but i failed to achieve the goal. I saw some one did it with Mikroc Pro.

from where do i can get a gsm module in india..??

Status
Not open for further replies.